About UCAM Universidad Católica de Murcia
UCAM has around 340 renowned international strategic partners, among which are several leading colleges and universities around the world, such as UC Berkeley, Stanford, NTU, NUS or Università degli Studi di Bologna. With these partners, UCAM has established students’, staff’ and professors’ exchange programs, joint degrees and other kinds of academic collaborations. UCAM’s teaching method is based on personalized attention with a reduced number of students per class and a personal tutor assigned to each student. UCAM is strongly linked to the business world through study plans responsive to market exigencies, obligatory internships in public and private institutions and enterprises as part of every undergraduate and master’s degree, as well as research programs in collaboration with large regional, national and multinational companies. As a Catholic institution, UCAM’s aim is to offer an integral formation to its students, not only in terms of academic knowledge but also regarding human values by means of academic subjects, volunteering projects, meetings, congresses, and workshops. UCAM is known as the University of Sports. It is the only European university with a professional basketball team in the first national league (ACB League Spain). Furthermore, UCAM competes on a professional level with 20 comparable teams. In the Spanish University Sports Competitions, UCAM won 46 medals, being hailed 2012 Champion competing in 21 disciplines with more than 2000 college athletes. UCAM’s students were awarded about 100 medals in the Olympic Games in Athens, Beijing and London. Moreover, UCAM functions as the educational body of the Spanish LFP (Professional Football League).
- Also available online
- Included national trips
- Guaranteed work experience
- Maximize career opportunities
At the end of the program graduates are qualified to:
- Successfully develop their own business in the tourism sector.
- Start / resume their career in the private sector holding positions of responsibility in departments of general management, innovation, human resources, marketing or communication.
- Work as project or product managers, online managers in eCommerce, social media, revenue management etc. or as manager of innovation and tourism technology.
- Develop their career in the public sector e.g. in the planning and management of smart destinations.
- Advise public and private companies in the innovation, marketing and implementation of new technologies in the development of tourism projects.
- Begin their professional career in the area of teaching and research.
UCAM’s career services will be available for the Master in Innovation and Tourism Marketing students including the SOIL – “Orientation and Work Placement Service” of UCAM, “Portal de Empleo” – the university’s employment portal – and the “Network of Recruiting Erasmus”, a service that promotes international students’ employment in top companies throughout Spain.