About IUBH University of Applied Sciences
The IUBH is geared to the demands of the global market
Studying at the IUBH makes careers in a global environment possible. We live out this credo in that English is the teaching language and the language used on our campus. We also impart internationality with many other distinguishing features:
- Our experts and faculty from around the world teach both technical know-how and soft skills
- We maintain multiple collaborations with partner universities in Europe, America, Australia and Asia
- At the IUBH languages in international demand are taught at advanced levels by native speakers and additional intercultural communication competence is developed
- There are currently students from over 110 nationalities/countries on our campuses
At the IUBH practical orientation is experienced firsthand. The curriculum has multiple facets which reflect this, for example, the inclusion of internship semesters, discussions and lectures with experts from industry and excursions to companies. The integration of theory and practice is a daily reality for every student. In the context of its lectures the IUBH offers project work and case studies.
Many of the benefits of studying at the IUBH are possible due to the close cooperation that the IUBH and its faculty maintain with industry. Our faculty has contact to all DAX 30 companies, is recognized in the international market, and well connected in a network with over 3.000 business partners.
The IUBH is accredited by the Foundation of International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) and received for five of its study programs five golden FIBAA premium seals so far. Therefore IUBH is one of the leading universities in Germany to be awarded five or more premium seals.
In 2012 the IUBH also received the seal of quality from the Hanseatic Certification Agency which certified IUBH study programs as a way to obtain vocational education and training.
In 2012 the IUBH was also honored as best cooperation partner of the Association of Internet Travel Sales (Verband Internet Reisevertrieb e.V./VIR).
Today, we are living through a time of progressive cyber-physical convergence, with the lines between “online” and “offline” becoming more and more blurred. With the field of Computer Science in a state of constant evolution, and in turn changing the world around us, software and hardware engineers alike find themselves in ever-greater demand. The Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at IUBH is designed to train students in the fundamentals of the field, while also teaching them the practical application of these scientific principles. Graduates from the programme will be able to understand and develop a variety of IT systems, with a strong focus on software technologies. They will also explore such cutting-edge and timely topics as AI, cloud computing, and more. Via the unique combination of theoretical foundations and practical skills that this program imparts, students will be given a competitive advantage in the market, dually familiarized with the basics of software development as well as the management and maintenance of software.
The Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is designed to prepare you for a career in one of the most important knowledge-sectors of the future corporate world:
- You will acquire foundational competencies and skills in software development and maintenance, as well as in software management.
- You will be introduced to contemporary topics in the Computer Science industry, such as data science, AI and more.
- You will learn to identify and leverage growth opportunities with the aid of the latest technological developments and innovations, from cloud computing to block chain
1 semester in Germany or abroad