About Università Cattolica
Founded in 1921 Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is the largest private University in Europe and one of the most prestigious in Italy. Università Cattolica, is a comprehensive university, covering an impressive range of programs from Medicine, Communication, Philosophy, and the Arts, through to Economics & Business, Accounting & Finance, Agriculture, psychology and Linguistics. In the renowned QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019, Cattolica’s ascendency placed the University in formidable company, with 13 disciplines ranked in the top 300 in the world or higher. Studying at Cattolica is to study at one of our distinct campuses, each teaching subjects relevant to their territory. Milan: Italy’s economic, business and communication capital. Rome: the Eternal city, featuring the 2nd largest hospital in the country affiliated to Cattolica’s Medical Faculty. Piacenza-Cremona: located at the cross-roads of Italy famous agricultural heartland and a pivotal logistics hub. Brescia: art and tourism run through its veins but it also hosts Cattolica’s cutting-edge Physics and Math labs. Whichever your choice of location or subject, you remain part of one family. The Cattolica family.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methodology and its applications in the field of economics, economic-management, finance, demography, sociology, insurance and social security;
- Deep knowledge of mathematical models, specifically probability models to apply to finance and actuarial phenomena as well as economic and corporate sciences;
- Deep knowledge of quantitative models in the area of risk management;
- Mastery of logic, conceptual and methodological tools for planning and executing research for the analysis and evaluation of complex systems linked to economies, production, markets, insurance problems and the environmental, with a specific reference to the occurrence of damaging events;
- Corresponding ability to build models that explain and foresee phenomena being studied and establish their applicability and validity with data analysis, and therefore a highly qualifying operating ability in the field of quantitative analysis of economic, corporate, socio-demographic and financial problems related to social security and insurance.