High School in the US – Classic
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Middle School in the US – Classic Program
Tandek in cooperation with its prestigious partner Greenheart Exchange offers the AYP program for high school students from Albania wishing to study at US public gymnasiums for one or two semesters.
AYP (Academic Year Program) or Academic Year Program enables students to opt for American J-1 public schools. Participants live with American, volunteer and follow-up public schools, improving English language level by doing new friends and expanding their vision around the world and themselves.
To participate in the AYP program, students must meet the following conditions:
- Very good English language skills
- Average of middle school above 7.0
- Must show much flexibility and maturity
The program includes:
- Enrollment at a US public gymnasium for two semesters.
- Room and food near a volunteer American host family
- Orientation after arriving in the US
- Supporting and overseeing a local coordinator
- Periodic evaluation of the program
- Season for preparation for re-entry
- Health insurance and accident insurance
- Airport transfers
- Form DS-2019 application support for J-1 visa
- Travel Ticket to / from the nearest host family airport
- The opportunity to make a difference in the receiving community by joining Club Greenheart
The program does not include:
- School fees (only for private schools)
- Optional activities
- Food and entertainment outside the welcoming family
- Personal expenses
- Lunch at school
- The AYP program is a program that provides cultural and educational experience and is not a tourist program. Therefore, setting up a family is determined by Tandek and Greenheart Exchange. Location can be in any region in the US.
- Acceptable English Language SLEP Test (Test at Tandek Office)
- Minimum 7.0 average of gymnasium
- Applicants should show transparency and flexibility over their maturity and desire to participate in an intercultural program.
- Be in good health condition, enough to handle the program, intellectually, physically and emotionally.
- Completing the application in full and providing with all necessary documents.
- Ages 15 and 18 are accepted.
- Applicants must attend the gymnasium.
- Penance to accept casual placement anywhere in the US.
Contact us at [email protected] to participate in the program
The State Department has a free number (1-866-283-9090) for high school students, which was in effect August 1, 2009. The free number can be used by host families, exchange students and the public to report the circumstances that affect student health, security, and being in cultural exchange programs. You can also send emails to [email protected] .
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes